Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Software Development
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will deliver user-friendly and high-impact digital applications and will be working in a dynamic environment where SQA plays a significant role in the quality of our applications. This role will work closely with our Software Developers and Product Team and includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product.
Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities:
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This list is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Implement quality assurance practices and procedures, acceptance test plan and other QA assessments
- Create and execute Test plans, End-to-End testing, Bugs and Status reports
- Help drive the delivery of high-quality applications by participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, automation, load and system testing
- Detect software quality issues, report and track them to resolution
- Refine the “Done” criteria for user stories along with Product Owner and Agile/Scrum team
- Execute automation scripts as required to ensure quality and stability
- Enhance automation test strategies, requirements and planning
- Recommends technical strategies to contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality.
- Ensure the intent of requirement is satisfied
- Influence processes to drive quality-centric outputs
- Work cross-functionally to ensure individual quality and testing needs are met
- Ensure the purpose and deliverables of the test effort
- Manage and support test cases repositories and bug tracking
- Help troubleshoot issues with support personnel
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, design session, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospective meetingsThe following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This list is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required, assigned and understand that the items in this description are not all inclusive.
Required Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience with phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression and integration testing
- Strong skills in understanding complex business requirements and transforming them to actionable test suites
- Ability to develop UI test automation
- Ability to analyze logs and back-end interactions
- Experience in requirements and specification reviews
- Experience working with SAAS applications
- Experience in testing iOS apps, Android apps and Web applications.
- Expertise in planning and estimating testing duration and effort
- Strong understanding of SDLC and the role of quality assurance in the process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perks & Benefits:
- 17 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
- Company pays 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance premiums, 80% for your family
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to 10 pounds.
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communications skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
Additional Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following mental requirements; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure to high-stress situations. Employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and/or offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.
For additional information about Wondersign please visit www.wondersign.com