Reporting Relationship: Reports to the CTO
Salary: $90k-$120k based on experience level
Location: Position can be 100% remote
At Wondersign, we build the future of retail. Driven by exceptional customer experience and data quality we set out to be the leading data syndication platform in our markets. As an R&D Software Engineer you will be at the core of our mission, developing products in a fast-paced environment for people who dare to innovate and push the boundaries of engineering.
We are looking for a technically proficient, self-starting innovator excited by the challenges, risks, and rewards of building new products in a competitive industry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Research and develop innovative concepts that will help shape the future direction of Wondersign’s products
- Research, assess and support the implementation of new technologies and strategies
- Work with the software engineering team to identify improvements for architecture, infrastructure and tooling
- Develop software for all stages of the lifecycle, from low fidelity proof of concepts to production-level deliverables
- Prototype and implement UX and UI for early proof of concepts.
- Test, evaluate and document 3rd party software and hardware solutions
- Test integrations between different software platforms
- Use data analysis and BI tools to facilitate data-driven decisions
- Run training programs and provide ongoing support for new products throughout the implementation process
- Participate in benchmarking and testing of competitive products
- Review, evaluate and monitor contracts and SLAs
- Communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- 6+ years of software development experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Ability to comprehend and adapt quickly to new products and software
- Broad and deep knowledge of current web technology and cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of modern architecture concepts (microservices, containerization, serverless)
- Expert working knowledge with RESTful APIs, security and authentication concepts and tooling
- In-depth experience working with AWS, Google Cloud and/or other cloud platforms
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, techniques and best practices
- Experience in image and video processing, computer vision, 3D, AR frameworks a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep into the details
Perks & Benefits:
- Attractive compensation and PTO policy
- Company pays 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance premiums, 80% for your family
- Disability and Life Insurance for all full-time employees
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to 10 pounds.
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure to high stress situations. Employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and/or offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.
For additional information about our company please visit www.wondersign.com