Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Quality Assurance
Salary: $85k-$100k based on experience level
Location: Position can be 100% remote
Our Software Development Engineer in Test will develop, publish, and manage test automation frameworks for complex, multi-tier, distributed, web, mobile applications throughout the full lifecycle of the software. This role will involve working closely with Software Developers and includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Implement quality assurance practices and procedures, acceptance test plan and other QA assessments.
- Assist the QA Director with time assessment and implementation of the test plan into tight schedules. This includes new and in production applications.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, automation, load and system testing.
- Design and build testing solutions that ensure software is highly available, scalable and performant.
- Recommends technical strategies to contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality.
- Design and implement test automation for web, mobile and back-end services.
- Ensure the intent of requirement is satisfied.
- Influence processes to drive quality-centric outputs.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure individual quality and testing needs are met. Update status regularly during SDLC.
- Ensure the purpose and deliverables of the test effort.
- Track and adequately report defects using appropriate tools.
- Reproduce, debug, isolate problems, and verify fixes
- Help troubleshoot issues with support personnel.
- Define scope of all levels of QA testing.
- 4+ years of experience testing distributed applications
- Coding Unit/Integration/System tests
- Strong knowledge and experience in test framework design and development
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration.
- Experience with AWS Cloud hosted environment
- ETL or Data Testing.
- Creating knowledge base articles
- Understanding of N-tiered application architecture
- Experience with tools (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Git, TCM)
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills. Able to work with cross functional areas.
- Experience with Docker for containerization is a plus
- BS Degree preferably in Computer Science or Information System
Perks & Benefits:
- Attractive compensation and PTO policy
- Company pays 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance premiums, 80% for your family
- Disability and Life Insurance for All Full-Time Employees
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to 10 pounds.
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communications skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure to high stress situations. Employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and/or offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.
For additional information about our company please visit www.wondersign.com