Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Quality Assurance
Data Analyst will work with a large amount of data, find conclusions, translate data to an understandable document, data modeling and statistics. Develop and maintain analytics solutions including tools that extract and analyze the data subsequently leading to the achievement of departmental and overall business objectives.
Salary: $60k-$70k depending on experience
Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities:
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This list is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Apply data modeling and statistics to gain actionable business insights
- Identify patterns and trends in data sets
- Define new data collection and analysis processes
- Maintain measurement analytics and quantitative analysis measures ROI
- Recommend technical strategies to contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality
- Conduct exploratory data analysis from complex data sources
- Ensure the intent of requirement is satisfied
- Develop statistical and mathematical models to distinguish relevant content and recognize patterns
- Generate reports of findings and represent to the business
- Track and adequately report defects using appropriate tools
- Integrate and load data to the backend database
- Provide quality assurance of exported data and/or reports, working with quality assurance if necessary
- Assist with all metrics level reporting
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required, assigned and understand that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, Data Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience with database technologies
- Experience with source control and dependency management software
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Exposure to AWS Lambda and S3
- Experience with big data systems and BI products
- Aptitude for writing machine learning algorithms
- Ability to lead projects and manage process
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perks & Benefits:
- 17 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
- Company pays 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance premiums, 80% for your family
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to 10 pounds.
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communications skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
Additional Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following mental requirements; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure to high-stress situations. Employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and/or offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.
For additional information about Wondersign please visit www.wondersign.com