Reporting Relationship: Reports to Accounting Supervisor
Salary: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour depending upon experience
The Staff Accountant is responsible for a range of financial duties and practices.
Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions/specific responsibilities.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of the accounting system by ensuring consistency and timeliness of all reporting activities.
- Manage customer subscriptions, changes, audits, and billing.
- Assist with invoice and document management.
- Assist with customer billing questions and discrepancies.
- Assist in maintaining records of fixed assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and any other financial activities for the company.
- Maintain and review the general ledger as needed.
- Assist with payroll processing and journal entries.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and analyzing the deferred revenue schedule.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Assist with month end close and external year end financial audit.
- Assist in accounting analysis, such as, but not limited to: Balance sheet accounts, expense and salary accruals, company expense analysis, and prepaids and insurance.
- Act as backup for Accounting Specialist.
- Motivated and ability to work independently.
- Go-getter attitude.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong accounting, reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Advance excel knowledge.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Detail Oriented and Well Organized.
- Performance Management.
- Knowledge of accrual based accounting and revenue recognition.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication.
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in an Accounting discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting field
- Experience with Zoho and Quickbooks Enterprise is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perks & Benefits:
- 17 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
- Company pays 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance premiums, 80% for your family
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role. However, individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
Some filing may be required which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Individual may also need to reach above shoulders and head as needed.
For additional information about Wondersign please visit www.wondersign.com