Who We Are
At Wondersign, we improve the commerce experience by connecting brands, retailers, and consumers through beautiful, smart software. We love a good challenge, and we have fun achieving our goals.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Application Developer to help us build and run a world-class data platform that powers streaming data generated by a fast-moving landscape. The Senior Application Developer will work with business development, data, and product teams to solve tough problems and challenges through development and automation. Our team culture is a unique combination of structured vision and process maturity. In this role, you will be developing innovative cloud solutions and supporting our current integrations, including the deployment of integration components in development/production environments.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Design and implement solutions for assigned projects, independently and with teammates
- Support current integrations, write and integrate software components
- Drive performance tuning, automation, monitoring, and testability
- Provide analysis, design changes, recommendation of upgrades, and maintenance of software
- Help drive the underlying technology stack
- Collaborate closely with Scrum and Product development teams
- Participate in the requirements refining, estimate, and user story development
- Create and drive better metrics, monitoring initiatives to gain valuable insights from the Wondersign cloud services
- Embrace and institute best practices and coding standards within the team
- Contribute to research technologies and fast prototyping
- Compose detailed design specifications
- Troubleshooting all build and deployment issues
- Actively participate in root cause analysis and design sessions
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required, assigned, and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
- 7+ years in a related technology role
- Deep development experience in Python, but we are open to other experiences if you are willing to learn the languages we use
- Experience in architecting, development, and deployment platform for running containerized services
- 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of Docker and deployment life cycle (Storage, Docker Registry, Images)
- Strong expertise in building/interacting with RESTful services
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data in streaming and batch
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience in running, using, and troubleshooting industry-standard messaging and data technologies such as Spark, RabbitMQ, Active MQ, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- BS Degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
Here’s How We Work
- Offering Freedom & Flexibility. We’re a distributed team working from around the globe, with core teams in Tampa, Florida, and San Diego, California. We give our team members a high degree of workplace flexibility with many options for remote work. As a team, we take full ownership of our results.
- Tackling Exciting Challenges. The retail landscape is undergoing major changes. We come up with new ways brands and retailers can navigate these shifts in consumer behavior to weather the commerce evolution. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
- Taking Ownership. We don’t accept the status quo and we challenge ourselves, our processes, our services, and each other to deliver the best possible experience.
- Being Truthful & Inclusive. We are transparent in our decisions and our communication, and we value and respect feedback from any source, whether internal or external. We only win as a team, and we understand that everyone needs to stay involved, be empowered, and be held accountable.
- Fully remote position
- Attractive compensation and PTO policy
- Company pays 100% of your medical, dental, and vision insurance, 80% for your family
- Short and long term disability insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Life insurance
- Company supports professional development for all team members
- Latest technology, equipment, and software you need to do your job
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to 10 pounds.
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communication skills, and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
Additional Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following mental requirements; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure and high-stress situations. Employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and/or offices may be required. Must be able to travel and work an extended schedule as needed.
Interested? Submit your resume and any supporting paperwork today! :) For more information, please visit www.wondersign.com