Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Software Development
Senior Software Developer will work with business development, data, and product teams to solve tough problems and challenges through development and automation. Our team culture is a unique combination of structured vision and process maturity. In this role you will be developing innovative cloud solutions, and you will be involved in maturing our CI/CD deployment pipeline.
Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities:
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Participate in development planning and prioritization of work for the Scrum team
- Collaborate in development and testing of features of our roadmap to enhance our cloud platform
- Help drive the underlying technology stack
- Implement cloud-based systems from technical design with well commented and well tested code
- Drive performance tuning and automation
- Create and drive better metrics, monitoring initiatives to gain valuable insights from the Wondersign cloud services
- Embrace and institute best practices and coding standards within the team
- Compose detailed design specifications
- Contribute in research technologies and fast prototyping
- Troubleshooting all build and deployment issues
- Actively participate in retrospectives to improve Agile/Scrum practices
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required, assigned and understand that the items in this description are not all inclusive.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Cloud Development certification is desired
- 7+ years in related technology role
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of global infrastructure, distributed systems, security and load balancing
- Experience developing Cloud applications with API management and distributed microservices based architecture
- Experience with data modeling for NoSQL data patterns
- Expertise with AWS Cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with applying Open-Source software in an enterprise
- Experience with both NoSQL and SQL database technologies
- Experience with programming NodeJS, Angular, Python, C#
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on delivering high-quality documents
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perks & Benefits:
- 17 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
- Company pays 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance premiums, 80% for your family
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to 10 pounds.
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communications skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
Additional Physical & Mental Requirements
- This position will require the following mental requirements; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure to high-stress situations. Employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and/or offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.
For additional information about Wondersign please visit www.wondersign.com